Wednesday 1 October 2014

Welcome to October 2014

Welcome to this in-between month. In-between season, the start of the rainy season is imminent and can happen in October, although I don't have a recorded October like that since I started this blog, back in 2007. Last year was a rainy October and not as good as the previous 5 years.
Unfortunately the forecast for the next seven days is not looking too good, with stronger wind predicted and some showers here and there.

Hua Thanon market

Spices at Hua Thanon market

This month will see two interesting events, 12th October will see the Mad Hatter charity run at Phru Chaweng or Chaweng lake over 10, 5 or 2km and 16-17 October will see the annual Rua Chak Phra event in Nathon, a spectacular and very typical Southern Thai tradition where the end of Buddhist Lent is celebrated.

Enjoy the month and I hope to see you back here on a regular base!

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: